Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pear Blackberry and Goat Cheese Salad

I'm not a trained chef, but I do follow some of their rules in the kitchen! This one especially: create meals from what you have. That's how this salad was born. I had some pears and romaine lettuce in the fridge from our latest co-op pickup, some blackberries I snagged on sale at Sam's Club and goat cheese left over from last week's focaccia pizza. We don't waste food in this house! I've always got walnuts on hand since I eat them almost every morning for breakfast. Put it all together and I ended up with this refreshing and delicious salad. Good food!


Pear Blackberry and Goat Cheese Salad
Toss these ingredients together:

3 cups torn romaine lettuce
1 pear, sliced
1/2 cup blackberries
2 tablespoons (1/8 cup) walnut pieces
1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
1-2 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing (this time I used Newman's Own light raspberry walnut vinaigrette that I had in the fridge)

What dish have you created from ingredients you found in the fridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?